Have you heard of OpenIDEO?
OpenIDEO is the open innovation practice of the global design and innovation consultancy, IDEO. OpenIDEO enables people everywhere to connect, collaborate, and harness the power of human-centered design to drive innovation around the world's toughest social and environmental problems giving people everywhere the human-centered design tools.
Are you aware that we have an official OpenIDEO Bengaluru Chapter? We aim at creating a grassroots community for the Bengalureans to connect, co-create and collaborate in their quest to make Bengaluru an even better city. The Chapter will collaborate around OpenIDEO Challenges, surfacing local insights to inspire a global conversation. If you look at yourself as a self-motivated, self-driven and responsible citizen, please feel free to join us. Though we leverage a design-led approach to identify & solve global social issues, we welcome volunteers from both design and non-design backgrounds to join the OpenIDEO Bengaluru Chapter. Let's be one big family of responsible citizens who give back lots of love and positive impact for the city that has given us so much.
As the Chapter Leader and Community Designer of the OpenIDEO Bengaluru Chapter, I would like to extend an invitation to welcome you to the family. Here's how you can join the family in 3 simple steps :
1. CLICK HERE to create an account with OpenIDEO.
2. CLICK HERE to log on to the OpenIDEO Bengaluru Chapter page. Click on 'Follow' button on the top right of the page. This is like following a Page on Facebook i.e. you'll get email notifications for the activity on the page which will keep you updated on the activities. Once you have, feel free to start engaging on the page via posts and comments (just like you do on your Facebook Wall).
3. CLICK HERE to join the OpenIDEO Bengaluru Chapter Facebook Group. We will use the OpenIDEO Bengaluru Chapter Page for all the OpenIDEO communication. However, since Facebook is one of the fastest way to reach out, we might be making some announcements & events where we plan to reach out to you super quick.
4. CLICK HERE to follow us on Instagram.
5. CLICK HERE to fill up the subscription form to help us keep you posted on the upcoming events, activities and updates & engagements.
Also, we look forward to creating a very close-knit, active community of design thinkers in the city. To achieve this, I would love to invite you to join the Design Thinkers Bengaluru Facebook Group. As part of this group, we would primarily focus on how design can flourish and foster social innovation in various forms throughout the city.
Looking forward to amazing experiences and stories that we create from here on.
Cheers! Shwetabh S Verma
Chapter Leader and Community Designer,
OpenIDEO Bengaluru Chapter